Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some insight on what the general consensus is on value of a deleted truck’s private party value vs. stock book value.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I would get the local dealer to quote you a price on putting everything back to factory stock condition. That is the amount I would deduct, if not more, from the KBB price.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I don't have a problem with a properly installed delete.....in fact it would be preferred given the debacle surrounding late model diesel emissions. The power up is the problem IMO. Pushing an engine 150 hp over its OEM design output is a huge reliability risk.

·
Registered
308 Posts
For those of you who live in "vehicle inspection" areas, what can you tell us about "deleted" vehicles.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
I've never had an issue selling or trading modded diesels. Most dealers will take them. I've never had one say they would give me more if it was stock. Setting them back to stock hasnt gone well for me. Always have issues

Reactions: eli_harper13

·
Registered
645 Posts
For those of you who live in "vehicle inspection" areas, what can you tell us about "deleted" vehicles.
I can tell ya that the state patrol here is becoming more and more educated on how to spot a deleted truck but unless you are rolling coal or have stupidly loud exhaust, they tend to leave you alone. Emissions test is every 2 years for the Denver metro area diesels over a certain age (5 years I think?) at the place I go that does the E-Test (independent repair facility, certified by the state to do the dyno e testing) they know their stuff. They hook up to the OBD system and they do a very very through visual inspection too. Heard talk about how they failed a truck that had an EGR delete/bypass and another guy who gutted out his cat but left the thing on there in hopes of passing the inspection from a visual standpoint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts