Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was crusing down the highway at 75 with the cruise control on and a guy pulls up next to me, telling me something was wrong with my truck. i look back and there is a lot of black and white smoke coming out of the tail pipe. i instantly hit the brake and it goes away, and i thought i heard a kncok in the engine

i pulled over and let it idle and then revved it to about 1800-2000 and it had a vibration that i hadnt ever noticed before. i took it to the dealership and he said it was probably a fuel problem like bad gas or something. anyways anyone else had anything like this happen to them. the truck has 2500 miles on it

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got gas 3 days ago, and it had about half a tank in it

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not a single problem, never any kind of hiccup, just all the sudden lots of black and white smoke, and just under part throttle. it was weird

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Id have to agree with a fuel problem.Whens the last time you got gas?
GAS,whats goin on here fellers,GAS in a diesel:tease:rof:fartJ/K,i agree check the fuel filter first and go from there..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just talked to the guy at the dealership, they changed the filter and havnt been able to make it do it again, so hopefully it was just some bad gas and no big deal

·
Registered
262 Posts
could have been some water that moved thorough the line

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just figure it to be bad gas, have ran some fuel conditioner in this tank and i hvant been able to make it do it again, so i think im gonna run some lucas every other tank

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts