Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a triple pillar pod and all gauges work fine but the pyro. Ill start the truck and it will not move but if i pull the gauge outta the pod and unplug it and plug it back in, then it works. Have to do it everytime i start the truck. Called autometer and they said send the gauge back and theyll send a new one. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem. Autometer ES gauges by the way.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
How do you have the power hooked up to it? Its supposed to be hooked up to keyed power. Something about turning off and getting power again recalibrates it or something. I can't remember exactly but I read something about it in the instructions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have it wired in around the fuse panel, i found a wire thats hot when the key gets turned. I hear it hum and reset itself when i turn the key but i dont know, I guess I could try an alternative power source before i box it up. The wiring is the exact same as my buddies duramax and his works fine, so thats why i believe it to be the gauge

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Subscribed, I am having a similar problem with my gauges loosing power when cranking

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Okay if its wired to keyed power and you can verify it works wired like that on the other truck I'd say its probably the gauge too then. Just wasn't sure how you wired it up.

Nsolimini, do they just lose power while cranking then come back on? What do you have them wired into? I know some things like the headlights and I believe the radio all lose power while cranking, could be the same with whatever you pulled power from.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Yes, they loose power then come back on. I will try another keyed source and see if that helps

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
That should do it. Test it with a test light while someone cranks the truck over and see if it keeps power.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem solved, Found another source that kept power while threw cranking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts