Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so about 2weeks ago i puchased a 04.5 duramax, i picked up my small trialer from dads, it just a 4 plug wirieng kit on it. well i only had one brake light.

i know its in my truck, cause i hooked up to my horse trialer only had one brake light, my trialer brakes was working on it also.

the truck had a 7prong plug in the bed also, so i crawled under neath the truck, they had piggy backed the factory wiring harnass for power.

I cut that crap out from under it, adn crimped teh factory wires back together. But i still only got one brake light.

My question is what else shoudl i look for, how far up the truck does the harness go. I did look above my spare and seen where there looks like a factory harnass there with 2 or 3 bunches of wires coming out.

And does anybody have one i can buy to replace mine. sorry for the long winded

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it was just a fuse

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
lol check the simple things first before hacking at wires is what we learned today

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope, someone else had already hacked into them. one did have a naked place on it.

so i recrimped all of them and added liquid electrial tape. adn zipe tied them all back up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wish mine was the easy, I have been looking all over for my issue, doing the same thing. Checked all the fuses and someone just hacked all the wiring up and I just need to replace it one day.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I can't get my right side trailer stop/turn to work replaced the light control module by the fuse box twice still no luck. Also my turn signal on both sides flash funny and reverse lights are hit and miss any I ideas before I chase all the wires down???

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
There is a junction block with plugs at the back, driver side with a bunch of plugs, it can cause issues, I bypassed mine cause it was fukked.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did you find a diagram some where or just test them and go that way? I think thats my issue reverse lights work whenever they feel like it and the turn signals seem like they flash on two diffrent bulbs also no right stop turn for the trailer so I'm tempted to run a jumper where the turn signal runs into the module until I can find the real issue so I don't get a ticket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts