Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I've looked around on the forum and cant seem to find an answer. I could be missing somthing though. I intsallled my dsp5 switch a couple weeks ago and I am just now getting to flash my new tunes. So I fllashed my truck and I can tell its taking a tune but it does not seem like it is switching tunes. Actually i know it is not because i have a lope tune and it def. does not switch to it. So i checked to see if my switch was working and it appears to be this is my volt. 1. NON DSP 4.98V2. DSP1 2.93V3. DSP2 1.79V4. DSP3 1.02V5. DSP4 .034V. Which the volts are going down but are not in the primeters of efi lilve data so can anyone help figure out why its not changing. I even refllashed a full flash and it still will not switch.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'd call the genius that sold you a lope tune.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
maybe the truck is going...."Nooooooo! don't lope me!"

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Guys chill he's just asking a question. Everyone is entitled to install what they want.

Are you sure the pins are in the correct holes? Did you contact who built the tunes?

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
no offense meant to the op. seems I may have had an extra cup of attitude this am.

I agree, you need to phone the tuner, he should be able to walk you through is on the phone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I care nothing about the lope tune it was a mis uderstanding that i wanted that which willl be changed but like ^^said its has nothing to do with that im just trying to get my tunes working but thank for your peanut gallery comments having nothing to do with what i was asking. But yea i have checked the pins and they are correct. I am currently waiting for who wrote the tunes to get back with me so i was trying to get some insight on here to problem at hand

·
Registered
358 Posts
Look up the operating system number on the ECM through EFI, it should start with a 5. if it's 1, it's not a DSP5 OS.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Where are you reading the voltage of the switch from? Efilive scan software? Those voltages are in line with what I see on the switches I have installed.

I don't think the switch is the issue. Look to your tuning and make sure you did a full flash and not a program flash.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Since the switch seems to be working. Did you do a full flash? A cal flash will only flash in the #1 tune.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes i made sure of it cause i read that so tried a second time with the same results and yes im reading the vol from scantool it even says nodps thendps 1-4 which appears to be working i dont think its the switch so im wondering if its something in the tune im still waiting to hear back from my tuner

·
Registered
38 Posts
Alright I've looked around on the forum and cant seem to find an answer. I could be missing somthing though. I intsallled my dsp5 switch a couple weeks ago and I am just now getting to flash my new tunes. So I fllashed my truck and I can tell its taking a tune but it does not seem like it is switching tunes. Actually i know it is not because i have a lope tune and it def. does not switch to it. So i checked to see if my switch was working and it appears to be this is my volt. 1. NON DSP 4.98V2. DSP1 2.93V3. DSP2 1.79V4. DSP3 1.02V5. DSP4 .034V. Which the volts are going down but are not in the primeters of efi lilve data so can anyone help figure out why its not changing. I even refllashed a full flash and it still will not switch.
I am pretty sure your voltages match mine which I just installed two weeks ago and haven't had a lot of driving time to play with the different tunes. I also was concerned b/c I read different voltages somewhere on the forum or EFI literature but I am just assuming it depends on how the tuner sets it up with the autocal. I have Kory's tunes and and can definately tell a difference from stock but I haven't really been driving it hard and switching tunes because I was trying to get a MPG comparison on these first couple tanks. I also wanted to give the tranny time to learn before I start burning rubber. Can anyone chime in on those voltages to see if they are correct?

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Who tuned it? And have you drove you vehicle on cruise at highway speeds? Like 60 or 70? You can watch your boost levels and see if they change or not. Mine will vary between like 2 to 4 or 5 psi.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I just installed my dsp5 today and I was checking voltages on the v2. There about the same as yours and I can tell the a difference between tunes. You should be good to go I read somewhere on here that the first tune is always nondsp because its the base then dsp1...2...3...4 are modifications of that tune number 1 so it can be confusing.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Actually I care nothing about the lope tune it was a mis uderstanding that i wanted that which willl be changed but like ^^said its has nothing to do with that im just trying to get my tunes working but thank for your peanut gallery comments having nothing to do with what i was asking. But yea i have checked the pins and they are correct. I am currently waiting for who wrote the tunes to get back with me so i was trying to get some insight on here to problem at hand
your original post says nothing about a mis-understanding and lope tunes, you seem to know you are going to get burned talking about lope tunes but you still join a forum and shoot your mouth in your first couple posts!

gotta love it! :drink

BTW: welcome to the forum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Opps Im sorry everyone I didnt know I would have to give a life story of how I get my tunes or what I want. Maybe it was a mistake why I got a lope, maybe it wasn't. Maybe I have a SMOKE tune OPPSS POINTLESS Who gives a f Sorryz!what tunes I have. I'm not asking anyone what I should get but how to make what I have actually work so if any of you have insight on getting this to work would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
BLACKMAX1
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Again...
Who tuned it? And have you drove you vehicle on cruise at highway speeds? Like 60 or 70? You can watch your boost levels and see if they change or not. Mine will vary between like 2 to 4 or 5 psi.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts