Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I signed in here today, looks like a really good forum

We have three Duramax in the family. I just got the third yesterday (2001 Chevy duramax). When driving it home and going uphill it went to "safe mode?" but after a restart it was ok. On the trip I took it really easy and it seemed fine. But every time I met a long hill the same thing happened.
When I got home I got a hold of fuel filter and air filter. The air filter were TOTALLY clogged and I thought this was the reason, but I changed the fuel filter as well.
When I set off everything seemed fine, but maybe I just didn't meet the right hill... cause later today the same thing happened... sad.. won't go over 1900. I have a code reader, it gives the "large fuel leak detected".

Looks like several trucks here have the problem, but no solution...

Anyone?

Best regards

Hans
NORWAY, Europe

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
if i'm not mistake it will be your fuel regulator sensor(or something like that)thats bad..also welcome to the forum..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i'm not mistake it will be your fuel regulator sensor(or something like that)thats bad..also welcome to the forum..
Thank you!

I will look into it tomorrow! Hope it is nothing critical...

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
it's nothing that critical as far as destroying more engine parts but it would be good to change it..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello again..

changed the sensor yesterday REALLY expensive here.. like all parts for amcars in europe..

But on my way today.. when accelerating, it happened again.. sad.. any other ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2001 duramax and when i had loss of power it was a couple of leaking injectors. I took mine in to the chevy garage and they said this was a common problem on 2001-2003 duramax engines and the injectors have a extended warranty in Canada its 300,000Km. They changes all 8 of them and it was all under warranty so maybe check into this. We noticed cause there was more oil coming out on oil changes cause the diesel was in the oil contaminating it. Anyways hope this helps it made my truck run like brand new. Heres the website for the warranty.

TheDieselPage.com, Extended Duramax Fuel Injector Warranty - Updated 10/2006

1 - 6 of 6 Posts