Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help, took my truck into shop to get tail housing replaced, transmission was working fine when I dropped it off. When I picked my truck up it locked in 4th gear, took it back to shop and they said it was my copilot so they unhooked It. Next day picked truck up again shifted good all day sat overnight and started locking up again the next morning when shifting from first to second and would stay in second gear until I stopped and recycled the key, it has also locked in 4th and 5th gear. I have never had any issues like this before with my transmission, transmission was rebuilt 18 months ago with ppe stage 5 internals

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Seems strange that the truck worked with the CoPilot, but not with the new rear adapter housing. See this:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems strange that the truck worked with the CoPilot, but not with the new rear adapter housing. See this:
Yeah it seems strange, I'm the original owner of the truck and have never had any issues like this In the 16 yrs i have owned the truck. Have had it in limp mode several times but not since i built it with stage 5 parts, this is 🤯

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dad did some work on his lb7, ended up pulling the tcm to get at the water pump. At temp it would lock in fith gear. All we ended up doing was pulling the tcm, cleaning the connections, putting some dielectric grease and reinstalling it. fixied the issue. DOn't now if that helps at all but I figure its worth a shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts