Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent some time reading advice on this site regarding wheel and tire size. I have a 2005 GMC Creb Cab 4X4. This is the setup I went with. It did require a minimum amount of trimming on the front fender but it is not noticable.

I went with ProComp's Xtreme All Terrain in LT305/65R17.That tire is 32.6"s tall and 12.1"s wide. This tire looks agressive and has a 40K mile treadwear warranty.

Xtreme All Terrain

I also bought Procomps Series 6001. It has 4.5"s of back spacing and comes in a chrome finish.

6001 Chrome

I also added the torsion keys to level the truck. It turned out to be a pretty good looking setup and the truck drives like it did with the stock tires.

I just thought I would pass this along to anyone who is trying to figure size and backspacing. I did try 34" and 35" tires. They rubbed the driver's side wheel well towards the cab. It rubbed the steel - no trimming was going to solve that. Oh, and I marked the front with masking tape and just made a quick cut with a box cutter. It took about 5 minutes per side to get it just right.

Greg

·
Registered
327 Posts
great lookin wheels. how much of a lift would i need to fit 35s under my truck?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you will need a 4 inch lift with a leveling kit. But, I am not 100% sure. I just posted this because I could not find a good answer for the largest tire I could run with a leveling kit. I just took it to 4 wheel parts and they did just test fitting and we came up with this set-up. It works good. But, I want to go back with larger tires so next time it will be a full lift. The six in is not much more than the 4 so that is what I will go with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts