Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a question. I just installed a prodigy brake controller on my 02 silverado HD with the duramax. When the trucks running lights turn on, I get a reading of 1.5 to 3.0 on the prodigy display. It's almost like there is some feedback from the running light circut into the brake circut or something. Anyway, has anyone else experienced this and if so, what did you do to correct it?

Thanks,
Eric.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The controller is new, and other than this one issue, everything functions as is should. The only other clue is that the controller goes into the "hibernate" mode (as it should) when no trailer is hooked up, untill you either unlock the truck with the key fob (which flashes the running lights) or you turn on the lights then the controller wakes up and displays the "no trailer connected" sign.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also just installed a Prodigy on my '03 with no problems. Did you use the GM plug-in cable harness to connect it? Because it does appear you have some kind of crossover connection from your lights to the controller. You would think that if that's the case, your trailer brakes would also activate when the lights came on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im working with Tekonsha on this issue, it turns out the dealer (Lifestyles RV in Mount Vernon WA) installed the incorrect wire harness for my 2002 Chev, they installed a harness for the 03-07 Duramax, oopps. So anyway, they installed the correct harness and problem solved.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good to hear. Lucky you didn't blow any fuses or other electronics. You'd think an RV shop would have more smarts than that!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
A shop did it to mine, too. Hooked a wire up incorrectly and when the DRL were on.....it was putting a constant 1.5 through the controller...:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.