Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my '07 3500 classic and need to install my Prodigy controller. Where is a good place to mount this thing? I don't want it where I can whack my knee on it (done that), or where it will look like an afterthought. Where does everyone mount theirs?

Thanks!

T.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I mounted mine right next to the console low on the dash. It is far enough away from my leg and knee I don't touch it and I can reach it when I need to adjust it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nah, too lazy. LOL I had it mounted the same way in my 2006 GMC 1500. I don't use the metal mounting bracket, just the plastic snap in piece with the holes in it. Pick 2 holes, drill a small starter whole with it as the template and then put in 2 screws. Takes about 5 minutes to get the whole thing in. The great thing of the prodigy is that it does all its own adjustment for leveling so you can almost mount it almost anyway you can think of. I just went right to the edge of the console and down on the bottom just slightly above where the angle stops and goes horizontal. It just angles up with the dash so you have a good view and it is way away from your knee.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am mounting on the dash not the console, just as tight up against the console as possible to stay out of the way. I mounted mine just a bit above that metal strip on the bottom of the dash you are talking about almost in the same spot. Just angled up so it goes with the slope of the leg.

·
Registered
8 Posts
With the extra wiring harness mine plugeed in with no wire splicing. Above the gas pedal on the bottom of dash there aretwo holes which line up with either bracket. I am 6' 03" and do not have any trouble with clearance either driving or getting in and out. No drilling necessary.
Richard

·
Registered
95 Posts
You don't leave yours where you can adjust it Damon? I find that different temps, distances and weather require me to adjust out the brakes here and there so they are a little more or little less.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I mounted mine down low on the dash to the right of the parking brake release. If you look down there, you'll see two holes in the metal. I simply enlarged them with a small file and mounted the bracket with two nuts / bolts / lock washers.

If you look down from the drivers seat, its just over the brake pedal. Way out of the way and seems like it'll work just fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.