Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the day off yesterday so I got the motor out of the truck for it's mild build :). It's only going to get colder out and the truck doesn't fit in the garage so it was time.

Attachments

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think you had a leak. lol

in all honesty, good job
:rof One of the buckets I used to drain the antifreeze into got knocked over and made quite the mess.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
What are the full plans?

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howards rods, Hamilton valve springs, ARP head and main studs, Balance, key crank cam ect, I'm udecided on what I'm going to do for piston's I may just delip the stockers and call it a day. If anything I would like to try fingers design but I go back and forth on the subject.

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
It's always a good feeling to get an engine pulled out and sitting on a stand waiting on a build :drink

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's always a good feeling to get an engine pulled out and sitting on a stand waiting on a build :drink
That it is, I can't wait for next summer :D

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Looks like fun Evan! Cant wait to yank mine out!
Did you hurt it or are you doing preventative maintenance?

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like fun Evan! Cant wait to yank mine out!
Did you hurt it or are you doing preventative maintenance?
Sorry Chris I didnt see your post. I tore it down before we killed it even though I'm sure it would of lasted alot longer with the stock fueling, s475 and detorqued tuning we were running. I'm glad I pulled it out though it wasn't as fast as I wanted it so I would of been putting dual fuelers on it in the spring and rolling the dice with stock internals otherwise.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
you should get lb7 pistons or mahle

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mahle makes the stock replacement pistons for LB7's.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Looks good man! That's a nice project you got there

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks its becoming a little more expensive than expected but I guess thats be expected as wierd as thats sounds lol.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
dont use the forged if your gonna dd it lol

How long did it take you to pull?

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dont use the forged if your gonna dd it lol

How long did it take you to pull?
It took about 10 hours but could be done alot faster. I did it myself and had never done it so I really took my time to help reinstall go smooth.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Aren't you glad you started early,who would have thought snow before Halloween. Good luck with it bud and keep us posted! Ill take a trip out to Lebanon next year to see it boogie. I think my bud meet you out there this year,he was running his boss's blue 6.4 PSD running low 13's. Said your truck looked real good goin the track.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts