Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Sorry Chris I didnt see your post. I tore it down before we killed it even though I'm sure it would of lasted alot longer with the stock fueling, s475 and detorqued tuning we were running. I'm glad I pulled it out though it wasn't as fast as I wanted it so I would of been putting dual fuelers on it in the spring and rolling the dice with stock internals otherwise.
Better to be safe than sorry. Last thing you wanna do is blow it up when you're not expecting it. :D
Good luck with the build!

Thanks its becoming a little more expensive than expected but I guess thats be expected as wierd as thats sounds lol.
Ditto. I started with a "stock" rebuild and now I'm in way over my head. Oh well, its only money right? haha:

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Aren't you glad you started early,who would have thought snow before Halloween. Good luck with it bud and keep us posted! Ill take a trip out to Lebanon next year to see it boogie. I think my bud meet you out there this year,he was running his boss's blue 6.4 PSD running low 13's. Said your truck looked real good goin the track.
Your friend did a good in that 6.4 he ran a 13.0x with a fully loaded crew cab long bed it's crazy what those things can do with stock trannies. I drank way to beers with his boss at test & tunes on wednesday nights he is blast to hang with.

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Ditto. I started with a "stock" rebuild and now I'm in way over my head. Oh well, its only money right? haha:[/QUOTE]
I need to drop the " well while it's apart I meant as well attitude" otherwise it will never get done lol.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hahaha yup,that thing moves. Corey went to NC last weekend and picked up a fully built 6 thousand dollar trans, also did an egr delete and bov. Dunno what there gonna run for a tune next year but it should move and be a solid 12 second truck. Thing is huge! All his boss does is sign the checks he gets to have all the fun with it lol not a bad gig

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Mike was funny he's like when I want the truck faster I just ask corey what we need and how much an write him a check. I wish I had money like that I would have a sicker build going on the current one I know that much.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Haha wouldn't it be nice to play with someone elses . Did you ever rent the track for a day in Sept like he was telling me?

·
Registered
714 Posts
What size tire are you running on your 20's? And is it stock height in the front, I love the stance. Im trading my 35's on H2's for 20" black xd hoss wheels. I think im gonna lower it down and run a 305/50/20

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
We never made it to the track rental the trans was acting up and it got rained out anyhow. The front is just stock keys lowered all the way and i'm not sure how much I ended up dropping the back I kept trying different heights till I liked it. The tires are 305/50's.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thats to bad about the track day but hopefully sometime next year when the trucks done you can try again. Is it a drop shackle in the back or just removed leaf's?

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The rear is basicly just 2 leafs remaining with lowering shackles tweaked a little to get the height I wanted.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Nice,thanks for the info man. I really love the stance

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Little update i'm waiting on the pistons to be machined then I will have everything I need to get the shortblock finished. I ended pulling the trans also to refesh it. After pulling it it's looking like it will be a full rebuild to remove any trace of ATS parts. No spillage this time the driveway was still wet from rain.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Looking good! when do you hope to have it all back together

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'm hoping to have it together and be working out the bugs the first part of april. This snowless winter has really put a hurting on my bank account so things are moving alot slower than expected.

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Pistons are done and should be here next week :woot

·
Registered
714 Posts
How long was the other trans in the truck for?

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Pistons showed up today :rockkin Looks like its time to start getting the truck back together.

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Pretty unique man! Congrats

21 - 40 of 90 Posts