Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im considering getting a Profab downpipe because i cant believe how much cheaper they are,are many people running these? how are they holding up and are they ceramic coated?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ive been running one along w/up pipes headers and air horn all coated black for 2 yrs and looks good . and I live about 50 mi east from you .

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice,glad its holding up well in winters also,think im going to go with it,just have a lot to pay for right now,I have 5" exhaust on the way and I still havnt paid for my rims yet lol

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about them. I'm going to rock one whenever I get the bug for throwing one on haha

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol almost every post i read on here about people installing them say they hated it or wanted to light their truck on fire,seems like a good challenge,im looking forward to it!

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I want one so bad, but I don't feel like fighting with my truck at the moment ha ha

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just installed the profab DP. It seem like a great pipe very heavy. I lifted the front of the cab up about 1 1/2. The down pipe was easer for me to install than the dame EGR blocker.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I plan on going with the profab DP when i decide to get one. Seems like everybody likes it and it's alot cheaper. :rockin

·
Registered
897 Posts
I just installed the profab DP. It seem like a great pipe very heavy. I lifted the front of the cab up about 1 1/2. The down pipe was easer for me to install than the dame EGR blocker.
What is involved in lifting the cab? My mechanic at the dealership said it is easier to lift the cab to do those things. I'm not convinced.

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
They are nice, I am happy with mine, holding up fine, built really well. Bitch to put in tho. I cheated, had the tranny out.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the info guys,lifting the cab a bit isnt a bad idea at all

·
Registered
637 Posts
I just did the egr delete on my 07 and put the lb7 up pipe in and it wasnt that bad (imo) for me the worst part was the upper dipstick nut . I pulled the tube out and kept the d/pipe close to the frame and wiggled it right out and put it back in the same way . also take the d/p heat shield out through the top wiggling it past the turbo .

·
Registered
136 Posts
It wasnt bad at all to lift the cab just loosen all the cab support and jack the cab up but dont forget to loose the core supports also. On the NBS everything has to come out the bottom. Even after lifting the cab I wasnt able to take the heatshield off the turbo. I propped it up so my arm could fit between the shield and the turbo.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
What is involved in lifting the cab? My mechanic at the dealership said it is easier to lift the cab to do those things. I'm not convinced.
Remove the bolts holding the cab to the frame and use a jack to lift it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts