Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How much of a gain would you earn with them? Comparison to stock LLY pipes and manifold. Anybody offer anything better? Gotta spool a GT42 T6 88mm

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
hows that truck run like it is? im fixin to slap a turbo and probly another set of heads on mine again.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Laggy for a DD, boost gauge usually sits on 0. I think Up-pipes and manifolds are gonna be my best bet on better spooling without swapping pedistals.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
Mines pretty laggy too with a stock turbo, maybe I should do up pipes and manifolds before the turbo.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on turbo, if you want another VGT like a cheetah I do the turbo, if you were planning on doing a big turbo I would do up-pipes and minifolds first

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I don't know if they will help that much. That's a pretty big exhaust side. What made you get that turbo as a single? Its usually run as the atmospheric in compound setups.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Built the motor the same time Buck Spruill got his compounds so I used he old turbo and got rid of the tiny cheetah I was going to run on there and thought I was going to use the truck as just a race truck and spray alot of N2O to spool it but since its in a nice four door and I sold my DD for the motor build haha it became my bad to the bone DD the doesnt spool until atleast 55mph

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Built the motor the same time Buck Spruill got his compounds so I used he old turbo and got rid of the tiny cheetah I was going to run on there and thought I was going to use the truck as just a race truck and spray alot of N2O to spool it but since its in a nice four door and I sold my DD for the motor build haha it became my bad to the bone DD the (turbo) doesnt spool until at least 55mph
lol. I bet.

If you want my honest opinion, I would sell that turbo and get a nice 75mm T4. When properly set-up they are capable of close to 1000 on fuel and can be very DD friendly. I don't know if you could just swap exhaust housings on the GT42 either. The turbine wheel might be too big to fit in a T4. You'd have to ask someone more familiar with Garrett turbos.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah Ive considered that actually but its hard to part and I think with even more work on the exhaust side without changing housing it would be fine I just hate pressing the pedal a little and leave a cloud behind me, and its just cool to have the turbo buck ran his first 9's on. Or Ill just give it a little bit of spray off of each redlight :thumb

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Better get a 50# bottle!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts