Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking for a few things to open up the intake side of my truck as well as the exhaust. Was wondering why the Profab downpipe, and the profab intercooler tube were so much less than the competition? I am a college student am all about saving money, and I can get both of those items for just a bit more than a diamond eye downpipe.

Any input or opinions would help.

Thanks Dylan

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
i've heard nothing but good things from them. I'm buying my dp from him soon after i get back in to the state. Plus they're in KC so you can go pick the stuff up and hang for a bit.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
He recently lowered his prices due to an issue with the competition.....borrowing his products.

His products are top pier and you will not be dissatisfied with them

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is located in Kc? I did not know that. I will have to find out where his shop is to buy it from him instead of shipping it. And I really want to get the downpipe. But I am not to sure about what to do about the intercooler pipes

·
Registered
1,834 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I guess they're about 3 miles north of hwy 50 on Z highway if you know where that is..

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i installed his Downpipe recently and have nothign but good things to say about it. The finish was great, it was heat wrapped very well, and it slipped right into place without having to "adjust" the turbo end at all, like you hear about so many others having to do with DP's made by other companies.

I would recommend it without a doubt.

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
Ricks is about a 35 min drive from my place off 435 by worlds of fun. He's off I70 takes a few turns and you find it the GPS will not find it for you lol. If I did not have Rick take me out there 1 time before driving around I dont think I would of found it but i'm still new to all these werd roads here lol.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Thanks Guys!!! :)

The boost tube currently listed on my site is for the short bridge only.

We have finished testing our new OEM style 3" boost tube for the LLY and LB7 and they should be ready to ship very soon.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
We have finished testing our new OEM style 3" boost tube for the LLY and LB7 and they should be ready to ship very soon.
ooooh really? Looks like i'll be spending some extra money when I plan on heading there when I come home :thumb

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Hey Rick did you get that y-bridge?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
he's located pretty close to Sedalia, I have some family there and thought about visiting Ricks shop when I'm down there..

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Yes. Thanks!!
I tried to clean it out as best as I could with simple green and a brush but my wife sh*t when she saw the sink and counter tops all black haha..it's crazy how caked that stuff is in there..if I ever buy a brand new truck, the egr is the first thing to go! I just don't see how a truck runs with all that soot, makes a 2-1/2" hole a 2" hole!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts