Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a good deal on an edge was wanting to see if it would be good for my truck i am running my buddies ppe on 2 for now but im not looking for power just to make it fill good not stupid because i drive the truck every day anyone have any info is edge good or bad

·
Registered
28 Posts
depending on what model of edge you are considering. i've not really heard anybody say anything good about the juice but the new cs and cs race seem to be pretty popular. that being said, i'm not sure if the cs are available for the lly. I'm sure somebody will chime in

·
Registered
28 Posts
just did some checking and it appears that cs and cts are only available from 06-10. anyway everyone will say to save your money and get efi live, but if not ppe is probably the way to go imo.

·
Waldo
788 Posts
EDGE CS and CTS are availiable for the LLY. I've got the CTS on my LB7. Give Jess at Husker diesel a call he will set you up right. I do NOT reccomend the Edge Juice with Attitude. I've had both and I wasn't happy with the Juice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used to have the Edge EZ for my old LB7. For the cost I was happy with it. I would set it on 3 and leave it. I tow all the time and never had a problem. I read that you have to watch the EGT on the Juice with Attitude, they can get really high in a short period of time if you are working it. I talked to a guy in the area that has the Juice on his LLY and said that he likes it. He does not pull much at all with it and says that he can really make it smoke so if you are looking for looks out the pipe, well...

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
If your going for around the 125HP range i would recomend edge juice.. only problem!! leaves fingerprint so no injectors fixed under warranty!!

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
If it's an Edge juice, PASS on it. The PPE is a MUCH better tuner than the Edge Juice. PPE has some of the best tuning you can get for the LLY. About the only thing that would be an upgrade would be the Edge Evo CS or CTS.

The Edge juice has pretty sloppy tuning, and it will shift poorly, and probably not get as good of mileage as your PPE. If you're wanting more power you should just turn the PPE up a level. The 90hp tune is about perfect and safe for the stock tranny. The 120hp tune is really going to be pushing the limits of the stock tranny, and you run the risk of limping it. But with running the power you are, I'd recommend looking into a set of gauges to keep an eye on EGT's and what not.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

-Jesse

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
If it's an Edge juice, PASS on it. The PPE is a MUCH better tuner than the Edge Juice.
he is right,i had both!
my first was Superchips,
then Bullydog power pup,
then juice with attitude
and finally a PPE hot2,I have bought my last one with the hot+2!!and beleive it or not the Superchips has my vote for second!It put tuners double in price next to it to shame!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys for the info i think im just going to buy the ppe for another 50 dollars and buy some gauges sounds like its the way to go and i want to go efi in a few months and the ppe is priced where i can get money back if not make a little on it when i go efi thanks alot guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts