Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used a programmer and a inline module together at the same time? Does this hurt anything except maybe the tranny? Thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I have been running 2 inline and had no problems for the 46,000 miles I have had my truck. the past 20,000 or so have been stacked....almost the whole time it has had a chip of some sort on it. I haven't heard of any problems except for tranny when you do this....you mileage also sucks some, but I'm not worried about that since this truck gets the same or better than my 1500 ever did and is a whole lot more fun to drive.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Certain stacks dont work as well as others, and you can experience different effect such as bursting ( intake poping sound /backfire), low rail psi codes out the wazzu, excessive timing rattle. Biggest thing I recomend when stacking is turn each tuner up 1 level at a time untill u reach the one that gives you issues. It might take a couple different combos of power levels to get it right!

One that worked good for me was the PPE hot level 4 and edge on level 1 MAX. Also a good one was a predator on 60 HP and the edge on any level!

Good luck!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
has anyone tried the ppe hot et2 and the duramax enforcer stack...i am runnin one right now and was wondering if it is a no no or if there are some rules that apply

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
has anyone tried the ppe hot et2 and the duramax enforcer stack...i am runnin one right now and was wondering if it is a no no or if there are some rules that apply
they were made to stack together but like i posted befor i had nothing but bad luck with my enforcer!

Yes the PPE hot and the Van aken stack has been the most proven big HP stack!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
It can be done, But I would never do it myself. WHY? well I am a diehard programmer, I do not like any form of trick boxes that go inline, and trick the stock computer into making low quality power. If you look at the Duramax computer LB7 or LLY they are quite complex, and rely on many sensor readings, and inputs from body control module, Transmission Control Module etc.
With programs such as EFIlive you are able to adjust almost anything. For instance I can make a DMAX shift better then any trick box, such as edge, etc.
why? because they dont adjust enough parameters to make it work properly.
the computer does not like changes in one area without changing maybe one to three more in other areas. you can make as much hp as you want with EFIlive, the only limiting factor is your engine,transmission, drivetrain. if you dont like programming, then get the PPE handheld programer, it puts out alot more power then most. In my trials of various products the majority of chips, programmers suck and don't compare to the good ones, you get what you pay for.
I have yet to have a customer go back to a trick box or chip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.