Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an all stock powertrain on my 2010 lifted lmm duramax and currently have a 4” straight pipe from the turbo back that my buddy gave me. Now I know the mini maxx tuner has the capability of turning off the monitors for dpf, cat and egr but I currently can’t afford to buy one.

My question is what would happen if I put the straight pipe on right now without a programmer? Will it only throw codes or will the truck eventually limo mode or anything? Secondly, what tuners do you know of that would allow me to run a straight pipe other then mini maxx?

I know most people will tell me to get efi live tuning but I like the convenience of plug and play programmers that I can’t remove at any time by simply unplugging it. Thank you I’m advance for any info!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'd stay far away from mini maxx junk. Go with EFI live or EZ lynk. Getting harder and harder to find tunes for these trucks for non-emissions. Due some research on here and you'll be able to find who can tune your truck. I would not install the 4" exhasut until i had tunes. You'd prolly be better off just getting a horse and carriage if you did that.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My question is what would happen if I put the straight pipe on right now without a programmer?
You will very quickly be in Limp Mode.
Gotcha, so I’m assuming that’s because of dpf? On my lb7 I deleted the cat and only threw a code until I got a tuner. I get totally different truck but what if I ditched just my cat for now? Would that still limp mode?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Will it only throw codes or will the truck eventually limo mode or anything? Secondly, what tuners do you know of that would allow me to run a straight pipe other then mini maxx?

Good luck going anywhere without a tune and the emissions removed. Limo mode sounds pretty cool though.

As stated above, try to find a tuner that will build tunes for your truck and the parts(tire size, turbo, trans, ect.) on your truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd stay far away from mini maxx junk. Go with EFI live or EZ lynk. Getting harder and harder to find tunes for these trucks for non-emissions. Due some research on here and you'll be able to find who can tune your truck. I would not install the 4" exhasut until i had tunes. You'd prolly be better off just getting a horse and carriage if you did that.
have you ever had a mini Maxx??!!!
I have the mini Maxx race on my 07 and a half lmm 2500
cat delete muffler delete (just took the clamp off right behind the passenger side tire took the whole damn thing off)
you don't even have to unplug the EGR on the lmm with the mini Max it automatically just kills it for you I'm pushing over 700 horsepower buddy with this minimax to say it's junk it's just NOT TRUE!!!!!
your right about finding custom tunes for it that is a pain in the ass lately but it comes pre-installed with four tunes you really don't need any other ones
by the way my truck has over 400 thousand miles on it too

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,377 Posts
700 HP LoL...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts