Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i checked my programmer last week and it said i had code P0741 and i tried to clear it but it wouldnt, so this weekend it put the programmer back to stock drove the truck a local autozone and had them hook up to see if there was any codes and no codes cool, so in the parking lot i put my programmer back on and to the level i usually put it on then start up the truck and there is tht code back again? so is my programmer messing up?

Premium Member
P07xx codes are trans codes and not all scanners will read trans codes.

And, because of liability issues, most parts stores won't clear any codes, just try and read them.

P0741 said:
Torq Conv Clutch Circ Perf/Stuck Off

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well they did try and read it but nothing came up

Premium Member
That's typical. Cheap scanners won't read the trans codes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so maybe hit the dealer and see if the code is valid?

Premium Member
Anyone with a Tech-II can properly scan.

Registered
most auto parts scanners should be able to pull a 7xx code. I have a cheapo scanner in addition to efi live (acetron or something like that?) and it will put trans codes. its the same one Advance auto parts in my area have.

Is level 1 on your programmer stock? because you said it threw a code, put it to stock and no code at the parts store, then you put the programmer back on and code? so you turned it up from stock to level 1? so stock is 0?

edit to add: I just did a quick google search and if the site was correct- edge evo race level 1 is adding power. so if I read your post correctly, you put it to stock, no code, put a tune back in it and code is back?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
most auto parts scanners should be able to pull a 7xx code. I have a cheapo scanner in addition to efi live (acetron or something like that?) and it will put trans codes. its the same one Advance auto parts in my area have.

Is level 1 on your programmer stock? because you said it threw a code, put it to stock and no code at the parts store, then you put the programmer back on and code? so you turned it up from stock to level 1? so stock is 0?
So yes stock is level 0

edit to add: I just did a quick google search and if the site was correct- edge evo race level 1 is adding power. so if I read your post correctly, you put it to stock, no code, put a tune back in it and code is back?
yes put truck back to stock level 0 unpluged the programmer and drove to autozone had them hookup and read and no codes then at parts store plugged programmer back in and programmed to level 4 and then started truck and read codes and tht code came back up

Registered
isn't 741 one of the codes when the trans starts slipping? so possible level 4 is hurting the trans?

or are you saying all you did was go from stock power to level 4, without driving the truck, and the code is there?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes it is and i have been on level 4 for like a year and yes true

1 - 11 of 11 Posts