Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
You won't have to make any other modifications, but a larger free flowing exhaust would compliment the tuner very well. If you have any questions let me know.

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
Hi guys, kinda new to the mod stuff. If I put a Power programmer on my 02 LB7, will I have to make any other modifications?
Additional mods are not necessary, but some will definitely help. Go with the programmer first to get a feel for it, then add an exhaust later. The exhaust will help keep EGTs down and improve the overall efficiency of the engine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I'm kinda on a budget right now and I looked at some programmers and they are a little high. Which one would you guys recommend that would be good but not too expensive?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I love my edge evo race cs. It is a little more expensive than the other tuners, but it comes with the monitor so you can keep an eye what your truck is doing. The none cs version is a little cheaper, and I believe it comes with an egt probe. Just my .02

·
Registered
206 Posts
I love my edge evo race cs. It is a little more expensive than the other tuners, but it comes with the monitor so you can keep an eye what your truck is doing. The none cs version is a little cheaper, and I believe it comes with an egt probe. Just my .02
I should have read you OP better, when I posted this I did not realize you said you have the 2002 truck. However I just found where edge is makeing the evo race cs and cts for lb7 and lly now!

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
if you need help, the person you bought it from would be happy to help you get set up

·
Registered
100 Posts
not to high jack the thread but edge is a good module for our trucks? i know heard bully dog sucks and i wanna make sure edge is a good one. im not looking for huge power as i still have a stock tranny.

·
Registered
206 Posts
not to high jack the thread but edge is a good module for our trucks? i know heard bully dog sucks and i wanna make sure edge is a good one. im not looking for huge power as i still have a stock tranny.

I love my edge. I have heard that the edge juice with attitude can cause problems. Some trucks run good with them and some dont. The evo and evo race are much better tuners. This is just what I have read from the forum, do some searching and form you own opinion. good luck!!

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
I've heard nothing but good opinions of the Edge EVO on our trucks. I have the Edge J/A, and it works well on my truck. Others have had devistating results. Some have had the module quit on them in the far left lane of the interstate, and shut their truck off. Not a good thing. This is the reason you see EFI Live in the "Coming Soon" section of my signature.

If there are any possibilities of further modifications to your truck... save your money and do it right the first time with EFI Live. It is the most versatile of all, and can be custom tuned for your specific setup. It isn't as user friendly, but there are plenty of people on here that can help you out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts