Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at the threads for a programmer for a 04' LLY engine. Is the Edge the only one that comes with a monitor and the other programmers need gauges? It will cost me around $300 to put in gauges and I thought I could save that money by putting in a programmer with a monitor instead.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Banks and Bully Dog both make one. However, from what I've read the Edge is the better of the three. You could get EFI Live and just use one of the edge monitors.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
The edge evolution and Banks 6 gun/IQ are a couple popular options that come to mind. Of those two, I'd recommend the evo. But depending on what your plans are for the truck, it might be worth it for analog gauges. It often times depends on the situation. Let me know if I can help!

-Jesse

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not planning on doing alot of mods. I have done the MP the PVC reroute, want to do the egr block and new exhaust. I do pull a 5th wheel. Want a good tuner that I don't have to come up with the tuning.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
The edge evo would be a great tuner if you tow much. It has a turbo brake built in to the two tune. that would be a huge help if you pull in the mountains much. It really helps to slow down a heavy load. Plus the CTS monitors are awesome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've just recently installed the Banks Six Gun Tuner with the IQ and I really like it. I've done the whole thing of installing analog gauges, and while I like the look of them, I really like the IQ due to the fact that you can monitor so many different things. Plus, you don't have the headache of hooking everything up, and running wires, lines, hoses, etc... And you can also change the style of the gauges on the screen as well, just to change up the look of it. I don't tow a whole lot, but Banks does have the Speedbrake, that will work with the IQ, and supposedly it works well for towing heavy loads by adjusting the vanes on the turbo. Just throwing out my $0.02.

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
The Edge Evolution CS or CTS is the way to go in my opinion. The programming will be the same on each, it all comes down to which monitor you like the best. Edge has done a great job on these with power as well as mileage. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts