Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to beat the system....I have recently bought my truck and am wanting to do some mods....the problem is my gap insurance covers driveteain they told me no chips/ programmers...only reason why I'm wanting to do this is I've been wanting to straight pipe the truck.....suggestions would be great...

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Is this a new or old body style truck? As they say, you have to pay to play.

Either leave it stock or pay to play. As for the time of insurance, I assume you are talking about extended warranty company as opposed to GAP insurance, even if they are from the same company.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New body.....lmm maybe don't quite know......no actually I bought the truck used it still has the factory warranty till feb 2012.... But they offered a gap that included driveteain no bs so I took it in a heart beat....do you know how the Dpf back with the muffler delete sounds...or is it worthless

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah gap just protects you from the insurace company screwing you if you wreck it. They dont give a damn if you blow it up. Thats on you bro. I like my quadzilla for the money but you might as well go efi, youll like it for a while but youll wanna see what everybodys talking about.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I think its both extended and gap....just caught that part

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
I would return the extended warranty if you plan to add a tuner.

DPF back is a waste, I personally deleted my DPF. That said, both your factory and aftermarket warranty can deny claims and a record will be left on the ECM and TCM if you put on a tune.

There are options that aren't as prevalent, but none of them will support removing the DPF.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts