Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, truck is ten years old and wanting to go with a little different look. Picked up a grille to paint from a wrecked truck, complete for $150 today. Also, going to order smoked lights for the front and back instead of painting the original ones. Going to keep all the stock stuff in case taste changes down the road. Also going to black out the chrome bumpers and trim along with swapping out the steps for black ones. Here is what she looks like now before the work begins.

More to come.....

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
thatd be a lot of fun im excited to see what it looks like finished.. are you gonna get new wheels? i am in the proccess of powder coating my stockers black

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, looking into wheels, tons of choices, thinking about the same with a set of stock wheels and caps.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I look forward to seeing the results...I need to full on black out my truck

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
also get some tow mirrors...them hoes look clean on our body style

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thats what im doing too. Mine looked just like yours in april. this is how it looks now. Still need to black out some stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Well, truck is ten years old and wanting to go with a little different look. Picked up a grille to paint from a wrecked truck, complete for $150 today. Also, going to order smoked lights for the front and back instead of painting the original ones. Going to keep all the stock stuff in case taste changes down the road. Also going to black out the chrome bumpers and trim along with swapping out the steps for black ones. Here is what she looks like now before the work begins.

More to come.....
Did my tahoe a few years back...

so much fun, every time i would turn around i would see something else to blackout.
got a little carried away with the lenses and got pulled over for it repeatedly- be careful there....

put up some pics as you get it done

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checked the laws in NC. You can do whatever you want to the fronts, but you can't do ANYTHING to the rears! They have to be red and can't be smoked! Not the end of the world, but I drive a lot and don't need johnny law bothering me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I decided to black mine out too. All I had done was full paint job including the lights. I also had the wheels and exhaust tip painted flat black, ordered a new stock grill, and also had liner sprayed along the bottom of the of the whole truck

Before and afters:

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Sub'd

·
Registered
76 Posts
after

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
rear view

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Curious to see how this transformation goes. Sometimes less is more. Looking forward to the pics. See what ideas I can steal from you for my next exterior mod =)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cruzerjosh, great looking truck. My son loved the blue flames!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Put down first coat of paint this evening. Letting it dry over night and then another coat tomorrow. Hopefully, I can put on the new grille and lights tomorrow night. Thinking about going LED for the parking lights and turn signals. Any suggestions? Pictures to come.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Can't wait to see pictures, those 2002 Chevy HDs have to be one of the best (if not THE best) style truck chevy has ever made. I had a 6.0 and loved it!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Prep and paint. Little more work to do, but hope to be done by the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
use lots of coats on that, I learned the hard way and only put 3 on it and it chipped in one spot bad.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got two coats of primer and going to hit it with about 5 of the top coat. Went with a Flat Black. Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts