Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who ever has projectors then let me know what a good quality housing is for an HID kit

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
What is wrong with the stock headlight assemblies? There are plenty of us running hid's in our factory headlamp housings.. Unless you're just wanting a different look?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran HID's on stock headlights on my old vehicle just fine so I know that works but the lights on the truck have glazed over so I figure I might as well switch it up to try and look better

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Gotcha. Some guys have luck with the ebay housings, however some of them end up looking extremely cheap. I know that alligator offers some housings that look pretty good, they could probably hook you up with a good deal on them. If that doesnt work you could also look at LMC truck, they have a few in their catalog as well :thumb

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Naw I wasnt trying to get that cheap by going ebay lol. Unfortunately Alligator only lists 3 types of headlights and 2 of them are not for a gmc

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They only show headlights for 07 and up models

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
becareful with ebay ones, I got a set, they fit like shit, leak, and you can't set the goddamn things without taking them out and guessing how many fucking turns they need and putting them back in... designer should be shot.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
just one thing about projector lights you should know...on my nbs there is a limited sight. hard to explain but its like you cant adjust the lights to shine high/out enough. i have 8k hids bright as the sun for about 15 feet or so on low beam, but then gets darker from there.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just one thing about projector lights you should know...on my nbs there is a limited sight. hard to explain but its like you cant adjust the lights to shine high/out enough. i have 8k hids bright as the sun for about 15 feet or so on low beam, but then gets darker from there.
Is that just a nbs issue though?

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
ask nouseforaname i think he had the same problem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts