Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I know this is most likely a topic that has been gone over a ton but couldn't really find anything in the search. So I was curious as to how bright are the projectors going to be with my 6000k hids and what is a good brand to go with for the headlight.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
I don't know of a projector headlight that is HID ready. From every topic you will find, and the route I am going as well, is to get a set of the Denali headlights, get a morimoto mini retrofit kit, and replace the halogen projectors with the morimoto HID projectors. That's for GMC. For chevs, I believe your screwed.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I bought Spyder projectors and ran them for a week until my DDM HID kits arrived and the difference between HID and non was huge. Been running these for 5 months and they work great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
361 Posts
I bought mine off eBay and they work decent nothing spectacular thinking about doing a retro fit in them

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Denali projectors?

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
I bought a set of Spec-D Projectors.. the HIDs would not fit in them. I first thought about making them fit, but then realized that i would just be rigging things beyond the point of being fully functional and sealed properly.

So decided to give them to Chad to run. found out the halos didnt work and the bulbs that came in them were dimmer then the factory bulbs. On top of that they wouldnt warranty them for us. AAAANNNNNNNDDDD removed from our site like that.. lol

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Just a bump to see if anyone is running the Denali retrofit. I've been trying to get the adapter plates and the guy that made them just sold his last set and will not ship to Canada. Any chance I could get a fine fellow to get me a drawing of dimensions so I can fab the plates myself?

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
There's a plate they mount to. If you look at the video on you tube, the plate mounts to the housing, the projector attaches to the plate and is siliconed to stay waterproof. I really need these plates to do the retrofit. I miss my projectors that were on my car.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wish there was a nice solution like that for the Chevys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts