Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been a Dodge man, just for the simple fact, CUMMINS.I have owned over 30 of these Cummins,but I ave made a change. Yesterday, my wife and I purchased a new body style 07 Chevy, 4 door, SWB,4x4, DURAMAX with an Allison. I will be using it everyday to pull my enclosed landscaping trailer, and I hope that the Duramax is gonna be as reliable as the Cummins.I really like the Duramax/Alli combo and love the truck itself. I really noticed today while pulling, fuel guage was falling fast! I hope ths gets a lot better. QUESTION the new truck that we just purchased has all of the screwed up looking exahust on it. Do you guys think that this is gonna be trouble in the future with all of the smog crap on it? By the way, it has 350 miles, bone stock,Im not putting an power adders , and the truck is strong.Hope it gives us YEARS of worry free service. Proud to drive the D max!!!!!!! thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the forum..the cummins is a hard diesel to beat but the dodge truck isn't.you can get cat back exhausts systems from MBRP and i think Silverline has one for the new duramax also known as the LMM...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats on the new truck & welcome!! Only time will tell how these stock exhausts hold up....they sure have made a lot of changes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase. When driving your vehicle, the particulate filter will regenerate based on a bunch of calculations. You probably noticed the fuel guage when the a regeneration was occuring. The mileage that you stated sounds like you were due for one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts