Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I been a forum member for awhile now but never really introdused myself, im Eli and im 19years old and work for one of my buddys dads on thier farm and run a dozer and backhoe for my grandpa, i have owned 3 dmax's in the last two years and i can proudly say that iv piad(tech sill make monthy payments to the bank haha) for all my trucks and all iv done to them. the only thing i havent paid for was the 8in stack in my truck that my girlfriend bought me for xmas and my gandfather buys my tires for workin for him.but its a tax write off for the old tight a$$:rof lets hear it for all the younger people out there workin for there rides!:drink im not knockin the kids that get thier stuff paid for and have nice trucks..but i was always told theres sumtin to be said for a man that works for what he loves and wants and i believe it. lets see sum pics guys

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
:welcome !!

I see you have been a member for a little bit. that is awesome that you can have one of these trucks. It took me quite awhile to get one...of course I didnt really have a need for one..never thought I would ever buy a 3/4 ton truck...but its better to have and not use it, then need it and not have it.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I bought mine when I was 18 and ordered it from the dealer, 24 now and will still probably have my truck for a long time....I bought mine to use and to have something nice to go out in. Just got it payed off this year and I think it's awsome to have such a nice truck and still be fairly young and have no payment on it.

My suggestion is if mommy and daddy don't pay for it younger guys can still get a brand new truck. Providing they are willing to work for it...about a year ago I had some really tough times making the payment but I never missed one and now it's all done!!

Good luck getting these girls payed off!!! It's well worth the struggle in the end!

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Welcome, Eli-
Good to see some of you "young'uns" still have some work ethics, I see a lot of guys your age think they are entitled to a free ride from mommy and daddy or the government and all they know is gaming and MTV. Bought my first car when I was 14, paid $45 cash for it I'd saved from shovelling snow and mowing lawns, had to wait two years before I could drive it legally and gas was about 25 cent a gallon. That was over 50 years ago!! I've paid cash for almost every vehicle I've owned, drove some pretty crappy cars but learned how to keep 'em all running.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Work 40+ hours a week and beyond pay my dues since I was 16. Yes this is my 4th truck but I payed for the last 2 and learned a lot. I pay my hefty bill monthly and so long as I keep plowin and townin for my shop I get a few benefits. I keep it under my shops insurance as a company vehicle and I pay the rest and all my mods. 0% interest 72 months that I do plan have having this truck running strong. I pay all mods and expect my consiquences.

Young doesn't mean a thing. There's young who still live in there basement or don't do shit with there lives.

And then there's the rest.

I by the time I'm 40 I'll have more under my belt than the rest will be able to handle. So if your a workin person and know you earn your stuff, the others are just entertainment for you. Cause I plan on runnin my family motorcycle business until my idiot of a kid can take over and I can have him do all the shit I hate that my ol man makes me do haha. Can't wait

·
Registered
692 Posts
i am 18, i have worked since i was about 13. i have done plumbing, building, farming, logging and other stuff. i run grapple skidder for a logging crew now. i also have my own firewodd business. my father let me drive his LBZ when he bought his new dually. i did buy my own truck though. A 95 cummins. i have payed for mods to the LBZ. it was stock when i got it

·
Registered
177 Posts
im 21 now i bought mine a year ago its my fourth vehicle(which ive paid for all of them) i hauled hay and did whatever i could to earn money but now i got my dmax and an awsome job so let the modding begin!!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
21, First d-max ever, 26K miles on it when i bought it. got a smoking good deal on it, couldnt pass it up. $322/mo. $75 allstate full coverage = no brainer.

·
Registered
177 Posts
21, First d-max ever, 26K miles on it when i bought it. got a smoking good deal on it, couldnt pass it up. $322/mo. $75 allstate full coverage = no brainer.
dang that is one heck of a deal wish my payments and insurance was that cheap!!!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
dang that is one heck of a deal wish my payments and insurance was that cheap!!!
national city 3.5% fixed apr for 60 months on any used vehicals 10 years or younger, $15000 minimum :rockin

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
bought my truck when i was 19, im 21 now. My truck was a geezer cruiser when i got it, so i built it to suit me, ive paid for everything put on my truck and i pay for the truck. Ive NEVER got handouts from mommy and daddy.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
I'm 21 married, work, and go to school full time...so of course I pay for my own truck

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
i quit school when i was 17 and been workin 40 hours ever since.. although i do work for my dads heating and airconditiong company.. alot of people said that i'm spoiled

i will be 23 in feb and have payed for every car that i have ever owned... and all the mods that i have done to them

1st i had a 2003 prelude.. H22head with H23block fully built suspension, every bolt on mod you could buy. 4 racing seats and ALOT of gauges .. ^^^^alot of money into this thing
2nd i had a 2005 colorado.. all stock exept a set of 22' pacers..
3rd i had a 2007 f150.. all stock because my cousin totalled it after only having it a month
4th i had another f150 i had for 2 years with 6 inch lift black on black optioned out..

and last but not least i have my dmax and have had it for about 6 months and was bone stock when i got it.. I LOVE THIS TRUCK

props to all the hard workin young people who is in the postion to get what ever the want.. its not as nice as people seem to think sometimes is it boys?

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
I would rather have it handed to me personaly...workin get old

·
Superior DF Member
951 Posts
im 18 and paid for all my vehicles(4th=the dmax) except the 1st which i paid half for

work like crazy and never spend much....except on my cars/truck! lol:rof

....pic is from when i bought it. just picture a black 5" instead of that stock exhaust:rockin

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im 18 got my truck when i was 17. Dad ordered it new from the dealer when i was 16, for a work truck (Family excavating company), but was going to cancel it, so i talked him into keeping it, and i took over payments. Now its cosigned to me. Im an Equipment operator in IUOE Local 66. And currently workin 60 hrs a week for Walsh Construction. Yea it sucks workin 10hr days while all my buddies are in college and screwin off, but the reward is awsome! Im hopin to buy another Dmax "play" truck in a year. I was raised in a hard workin family. God i love Diesel!:drink Ill be 19 in April.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm 32 and I thought I was a little young to have a $54k truck but all you guys are doin pretty damn good. I have to agree with seth, I would'nt mind having something handed to me one time.:drink

1 - 20 of 195 Posts