Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have what looks like coolant dripping from the front drivers side corner of the oil pan and everything I have read is leading me to believe it's the dreaded water pump. I haven't verified it by looking at the weep hole yet but I'm pretty sure it's coming from there.... My question is, does anyone know of a good DIY write up? The link is broken in our DIY section so I was wondering if anyone has found a good off site write up.... I searched for a while last night and didn't see anything so any help (especially with pictures) would be awesome..... Thanks guys!

·
Banned
24,083 Posts
There really not to bad to do as long as you take your time. The biggest pita is removing the fan. You can use a air chisel or most auto parts stores have a fan removal tool you can borrow. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jason. I was just wondering if anyone had done a thorough write up with pictures.

·
Registered
102 Posts
same thing was happening to me it started leaking and running down left side of oil pan, well it turned out my water pump was leaking, and had to get a new one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.