Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After tons of research and trying to figure out the look I'm after, I pulled the trigger on new wheels and tires last week. Ordered a set of 20x10 (-19 offset) Gear Alloy 726MB wheels and 295/55 Toyo MT's. I love the leveled look and it's practical for me so I think it will stay this way for a while rather than lifting it.

I ordered the package through Discount Tire as they have treated me right in the past and price-matched the best I could find online.

The previous owner leveled the truck and trimmed the plastic part of the valance, as well as some of the front of the fender liner. I had Discount test fit one and sure enough, more trimming was needed so I threw them in the bed and took them home. The only place they rubbed was at the back of the fender with the wheel cranked about 80%. Rather than beating the sheet metal I just decided to cut off the small piece that was causing the problem. With that done and the e-brake cable and fender liner zip-tied back, there is no rubbing.

I'm really happy with how it turned out! The fit and finish of the wheels is awesome and they took very little weight to balance. I'm glad I went with the 295's instead of 33x12.5's, I think the 12.5's would have been really tight. Big thanks to b16gsr for his advice on fitment!

Before:

Before trimming:

During trimming:

After trimming:

After trimming:

All done:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Those look great man, alot better then the old set

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Man that came out really, really well my friend. I am really happy it came out like we thought it would. Glad I could help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very sharp!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I like those wheels! How do you like the toyos?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!

I like those wheels! How do you like the toyos?
First time trying them, but so far so good! I had Pro-Comp X-Terrain's and BFG KM2's on my last truck and these seem to be the quietest of the bunch. They are really heavy, though, so we'll see what kind of hit in mileage I take. They ride nice, but I do notice a bit of the squirmy feel a lot of people talk about with new Toyo's/Nitto's. Hopefully that goes away once they get some miles on them.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
What did that package run you through Discount if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts