Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to load a tune on my 2010 Duramax Dually 3500 LTZ. The instructions state to pull the fuse on the Onstar system before starting the tune loading.

I've studied the fuse panel inside and under the hood. I've read cover to cover all the owner's manuals I have. I can't find anything labeled Onstar. I read somewhere that it was fuse #22 on the inside panel, but that fuse is for the DIC on my truck.

I did find a fuse labeled "audio system" but nothing referring to Onstar.

Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my '04 duramax lly, only mine is telling me to pull the fuse for the radio every time I go to change power levels. Any ideas on how to get around this??

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Hypertech Max Energy and an Edge Evo Race.

I was going to try the Hypertech before I delete the dpf. I called Hypertech Friday after posting this, they told me the '09+ trucks have no fuse for the Onstar, but that I need to pull the audio system and the amplifier fuses.

I don't know why. I do know that stuff on this truck turns itself off and on without any direct input from me. I guess that's what they're trying to avoid.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
I turn everything off, unplug my lift pump, close doors, turn radio and AC off, disconnect bluetooth on my phone and flash. I would only worry about OnStar if you actively use it as a phone.

You want nothing to turn on or off effecting voltage/load.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I've never heard of the hyper tech having issues, but I know that the PPE unit has been plagued with some issues (at least the older software versions). As others have said I would recommend powering everything you possibly can down before proceeding. Hell, even the shop radio, why not, right? :neener

1 - 7 of 7 Posts