Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I've seen this issue but still haven't really figured out what it is or does
1. What is it
2. Do I have it?
3. Can it be prevented ?
4. How??

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

Here is a pretty good explanation that should give you a pretty good idea of the issue/ work entailed. The merchant automotive kit prevents pump rub and is fine to use as long as you haven't already worn a hole through your transfer case.

pump_rub_fix_transfer-case-pump-upgrade-kit

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect thank you I didn't understand it.... Now I do...

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Anyone running alligators kit? I want to do mine but Not sure which kit to get.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Doooo it!!!!! Aside from that pesky snap ring it's a super easy job and everybody should do it

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Well we make ours so i'm kind of partial. but put up a link to it and i can give you some pros and cons. I'm not familiar with one they make?
They sell the thinner one that just slips over the bearing and still uses the stock piece. Faster Install.

I prefer the MA one, held both in my hand at the same time. Just seemed beefier to me.

·
Vendor
215 Posts
If you're talking that stamped one, We've taken quite a few of those out of transfer cases to replace with our MA Transfer Case Pump Upgrade. Some of the stamped ones were broke, some just showing early signs of fatigue in the corners. The stamped one is better than the stock set up, but i'd say this is a instance of you get what you pay for...
pump_rub_fix_transfer-case-pump-upgrade-kit

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
OK Thanks. Guess I'll be making another order from MA. Just installed my sleeves and EGR plate from you guys.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
nick at merchant auto is a great guy to deal with, i can attest to that!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How hard is the install?
Dude watch the video at the top of the thread it's virtually a cake walk......

No but really looks fairly simple

1 - 20 of 46 Posts