Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just installed new injectors on my 2003 LB7. I was not aware until after putting everything back together that you want to purge the cylinder heads of anything non combustible as to prevent hydro locking. Am I able to still do this with the injectors installed? Can I just pull the glow plugs and crank it a few times than do an oil change?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Sure, pull the glow plugs and spin the engine over 10-15 seconds. Any excess oil, fuel, water, small critters, etc, will come flying out the glow plug holes. Make sure your both batteries are fully charged. Personally, I had not heard the term 'purge the cylinder heads', but leaving the cylinders open will keep it from hydrolocking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure, pull the glow plugs and spin the engine over 10-15 seconds. Any excess oil, fuel, water, small critters, etc, will come flying out the glow plug holes. Make sure your both batteries are fully charged. Personally, I had not heard the term 'purge the cylinder heads', but leaving the cylinders open will keep it from hydrolocking.
Sweet! Thank you so much. Yea I’m new to most of the terms so that may not even exist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts