Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent had this pickup 2 months and already my drivers side window motor has failed and a buzz from under the dash started. while I'm driving it wont to it but when I come to a stop its a constant zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz from under the dash by the pedals. it seems to have something to do with the clutch because if I push it up and down it will go away some times or just fade in and out. Anybody have this problem? I searched the forum but couldn't find what I have looking for.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Without actually hearing it, hard to say. If someone else does it can you pin point the sound? Possibly the throw out bearing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was under it checking the throw out bearing and it doesnt seem to becoming from the throw out bearing but it sounds like its in the dash somewhere. it kinda sounds like feed back on the speakers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My `08 started buzzing a couple of weeks ago. I could put my hand on the panel below the steering wheel and stop it. Only happened at idle. Took out the two available screws holding the panel to the metal framework. Inserted a small piece of foam tape between the panel and the sheet metal.

That cured most of it but still had a little high-pitched buzz. Sprayed Teflon lubricant in all of the panel joints and that fixed it up!

·
Registered
68 Posts
But not for long. Still searching for the cure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts