Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Reign in Blood
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine with a lifted halfer is coming up today and we are gonna get a little muddy. he has 35x12.5x18 fierce attitudes, finally i get to review another tire! :thumb

·
Reign in Blood
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are a good looking tire, i might have ended up with them if i had known about them.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Man i wish they made these for a 20" wheel!! A buddy had them on his 1/2 ton Z and he loved them. Hard to find a good tire thats so cheap. Goodluck! :thumb

·
Reign in Blood
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Unfortunately my "honey hole" as I call it has been permanently blocked off so I wasnt able to get him up to the axles. I took him to a nice field that is plenty muddy though (deepest I found was probably 3 or 4" before rutting...nothing spectacular but it'll do for what he was looking to do). It was his first time with this truck in the mud so he decided to follow me. He went everywhere I went, both in 2wd, with no issues at all. A few times he lost momentum and had to use 4wd, but these were spots that if I stopped in them I needed it as well.

These tires cleaned very well, they didnt throw mud fountains but did send some rooster tails pretty well.

We then hit one of the trails, its not really muddy but is very rocky and steep. Both up and down he made it with no problems. This trail has a multitude of rock sizes and the steepest parts are rain washed so it pretty much all rock and no dirt. I use 4lo im not sure what he used.

Per him:
They are fairly quiet on the street but they do chuck rocks.

Overall he was quite happy with their performance as was I. I really wish I could have gotten him in the thick and deep stuff but, I'll find another one. As a mud terrain tire these things did very well, and they look damn good too. I really like the tread pattern and the barbed wire on the sidewalls is different and looks cool.

I thought I had the phone in video mode, but evidently I didnt...so I only have some pictures.

·
Reign in Blood
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it was, it was nice going with someone else. and i was really impressed by the tires performance too.

ya'll were probably like "hes gonna be like its not a swamper it sucks" :p

·
jokerfabworx.com
3,662 Posts
Have you ever done any actual "mudding"? Are there actual bogs where you are? We see 4"-8" of mud on the pipeline right of way and don't consider that bogging at all. :p My stock height dually with 235/80r17 AT2s lumbers it's way through it in 4^ with 3000 lbs int he box.

I used to play in the mud as a young fellow with my old trucks, before maturing and switching to trails and rocks.

·
Reign in Blood
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you ever done any actual "mudding"? Are there actual bogs where you are? We see 4"-8" of mud on the pipeline right of way and don't consider that bogging at all. :p My stock height dually with 235/80r17 AT2s lumbers it's way through it in 4^ with 3000 lbs int he box.

I used to play in the mud as a young fellow with my old trucks, before maturing and switching to trails and rocks.
ive had it over the axles a bunch of times to where im under the truck with a screwdriver prying mud from between the engine/transfer case and skid plate lol. but no, there really arent any actual bogs here...wish there were.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
have you ever done any actual "mudding"? Are there actual bogs where you are? We see 4"-8" of mud on the pipeline right of way and don't consider that bogging at all. :p my stock height dually with 235/80r17 at2s lumbers it's way through it in 4^ with 3000 lbs int he box.

x2. ???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts