Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the motor, trans and transfer case back. The 1st "mechanic" aka guy that took it apart and couldn't put it back together... gave me a coffee can full of bolts so I am looking at the repair manual to figure out and mark what bolt goes where before I put the actual parts in the truck so I was planing on puting the trans in first then the transfer case and the motor last I have the gm service manual, but does anyone have any suggestions or hints to make it go smoother I don't have a lot of time to spare so anyone with experience please chime in read sig for model info

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
How far away are you from merchant automotive? That sucks that the "mechanic" did that to you. Hopefully all the extra parts are there.

·
Registered
263 Posts
man im sorry to hear about that, man did me that way on a fourwheeler i broght one time.

i got it fixed after i made some trips to town, and unloaded that peice of chit.

i would google repair manuals to see what comes up. with all the info on here and the web now adays im sure you will be able to fix it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
put the motor in first then put the trans in imop. just take your time you'll get it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Unless you know length and have another truck to look at, I would just go to GM and buy all new bolts for each set that your missing. I know its expensive and almost unreasonable, but those are the people that are gonna be able to give you the best idea of what goes where.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Starting to make progress

thanks all for the ideas this gm service manual i bought off e bay is well worth the twenty bucks......once you get used to it bolts are labeled now for the most part not missing but a couple those are extra anyways lmao JK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts