Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2 week old Autometer Cobalt Pyro Guage has decided to stop working. It still sweeps when powered up and the light comes on but the needle dosent move. The probe is still in the fitting in the manifold. This leads me away from power or ground problems. It worked great for a couple weeks then i go out this morning and it dosent move off 200 degrees. Anybody experience this???

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the same exact problem. I dont know what it is?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would seem kind of odd that the wiring harness went bad. How long has yours been screwed up?

·
Registered
79 Posts
For a couple months now. I am gonna have the place I installed it take at look at it cause i already had it replaced

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Disregard thought it said boost gauge

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well looks like it fixed itself. Went out this morning and it is working.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Check your wiring for a loose connection.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thought about that. It is the same little harness for power, ground, light, and probe right. I had everything except the probe signal on the guage. I was leaning twords the probe wire. To test this unplug your connector from the guage, insert ohm meter in plug where probe wire is, start engine and look for voltage changes as probe heats and cools, this will eliminate your probe and wiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts