Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to put the pyrometer probe, before or after the turbo and in what location?

·
Registered
132 Posts
mine is tapped into the passenger's side manifold(pre-turbo)

·
Registered
262 Posts
mine is also in the passenger side manifold it is where the most accurate reading is but also teh scariest floor it and watch teh needle climb

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Vendor
332 Posts
Like the above have mentioned, the pass side manifold is the most popular place to put it due to mostly being the easiest place to access.

A BD manifold installed on the drivers side as a low budget upgrade will allow you to mount it in the pre tapped holes.

Another option is to weld a bung in your up pipes, more time consuming, but I prefer that method as you dont have to risk the cast iron manifold cracking with this method.

Any place is good as long as its pre-turbo IMO

·
Registered
131 Posts
What is the best pyro to put in the BD manifold that will fit correctly? Some people say the Autometer will not fit correctly.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes I have the adapter but want to know if there is one that BD has tested or recommends. Since it seems that the Autometer has to be modified to fit or will not go in all the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts