Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple questions about my Quad S2. First one, can I use it as an OBDII scan tool on any vehicle? And is the 110 HP tune safe to use on a stock tranny? I have it on 70 now with no problems.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
What do you mean scan? It will read most of the common DTCs, and you can watch real time balance rates, rail pressure etc... I have had problems with the live scan freezing up on mine a couple of times

You will not know what the safe limits are on yours until you exceed them... Most will tell you 90

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant using it on like my girlfriends 1996 grand am to read DTC's. I didn't know if it would work for that on anything but my truck. And its a daily driver so the 90 would probably be more than enough.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limp here and say no.

It may or may not hurt the vehicle/tuner to try.... Just call them up and ask

·
Registered
137 Posts
I run 135. Just back off on the 4-5 shift.

·
Registered
20,598 Posts
the 110 and 135 tune are a little agressive for a stock tranny! i ran the 135 tune for a few months but did not lean on it at all in the higher gears. you will limp it in a heart beat if you do.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright I'll probably just stick to the 70 or 90 for now. I can drive as hard as I want on 70 now with no problems.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much [email protected]#kin space.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its called a daily driver and I don't have cash to smoke a tranny right now....

·
Registered
461 Posts
have had no problems on the 90 tune, went to the 135 was a bit agressive deffinetly watch the 4-5 shift, i have had it set on the 110 now for daily driving seems quite nice after the trans relearns.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right on, thanks for the advice. Just want a solid running daily driver and not wanting to cook my transmission right now.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I tried the 110 and didn't like the shifts I did try running it through the gears a couple of times with no probs at all!!!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool thanks for the info. Also have a side question; any of these tunes safe for towing, or do I just need to experiment and watch the EGT's?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Tow tune might be but would just give her a try and keep it under 1200.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
As far as a "Code Reader"... Man I would go to your nearest auto parts store and pick one up... $60.00 - $100.00, and you will use it more than you think..

My whole family and friends are alway asking to borrow it.. it works for all kinds of makes, models, and years..

Hey, you could charge a small fee and get your money back for the purchase !! :)

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
i run the 135 threw everything 4-5 shift and all prob about the only one...i run 135 towing,racing,wheelin,daily driving and what not

·
Registered
137 Posts
I dont throw too much smoke at all, maybe from a dead stop i get a little, do you guys get much smoke, and on what setting????

·
Registered
461 Posts
it's been pretty cold round here but i get a small puff off a dead stop on the 110 but only every once in a while or if ur spinnin em in the snow, but the 135 will dump preety good in all different areas of the power band, i'm sure its gonna roll coal come summer!:D

·
Registered
20,598 Posts
it's been pretty cold round here but i get a small puff off a dead stop on the 110 but only every once in a while or if ur spinnin em in the snow, but the 135 will dump preety good in all different areas of the power band, i'm sure its gonna roll coal come summer!:D
same here man!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts