Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this has been discussed before, just Wondering if PPe with Dpf delete is a better programmer than quad stealth 2? I mean there is quite a difference in $$$ between the two, could the diff be because the quality of PPe is better, easier on your tranny and engine? I'm currently running QS 2 but I'm wondering if this swap would be worth it or not. No offense to efi live users, I know it's bad ass, but i'm
Not wanting to get that involved with adding alot of mods or changing engine parameters. Just like to hear everyone's .02 on this one?
Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just stick to your quad, when you start adding more stuff then upgrade to EFI Live

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
PPE does have better tuning overall, but not enough to justify making the swap. Like mentioned above wait until you are ready for EFI Live to spend more money on tuning.

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
I've run my Quad on economy nodpf since 10/2008 I have tried the 50hp setting twice last time last summer. I never liked the timing change made on the 50hp setting more valve train clatter more than I am comfortable with.
The economy nodpf is good enough for me as all I wanted to do was delete the dpf.
If a person wants to add more hp then probably efi would be better.
My feelings are if I`m happy with my quad why spend more money, for what just to say I`m running efi. NOT going to happen.
The old saying is If it ain't broke why fix it.
If you NOT happy with the quad forget the PPE then by all means invest in the efi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts