Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
50hp tune worked well

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
19-20ish with 33s

·
Registered
74 Posts
ya Ive got mine set on 50+ and Im running my first tank through it and its not going t be great because Im still laying into it a bit getting used to it but it seems to be helping, never had that many miles at half tank before...

·
Registered
471 Posts
I average (50% highway, 50% start and stop) about 18 mpg. I drove from here (eastern NC) to TN back before Christmas on same setup and hand calculated twice like 25 mpg with the only two stops being for bathroom break/something to eat and drink and to fill back up with gas. Hand calculated another long trip at 22 mpg with a few starts and stops at some highway stop lights and a store.

On the other hand, I've hand calculated about 15 mpg with a good bit more (probably 75-80%) town/city driving.

And it just goes down from there if you like seeing the black smoke roll out..........

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 4" MBRP turbo back and the quad with the no dpf tunes downloaded. I found the 90hp setting to have great fuel mileage. I was getting 14mpg bone stock. Same route same driving style, I now get 17.5 to 18. Keep it at 65 or a hair less on the interstates and all interstate driving and 19mpg is the norm. This is a '08 quad cab short bed with a pretty heavy toolbox.

PS: I tried a couple tanks with the EGR valve unplugged. It black smokes less when lugging it, but the mpg went down from 17.5 to about 15.5. Same exact route. Plugged the EGR valve back in and mileage came back to 17.5.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
holy crap on the 50hp tune its a diff truck alltogether headed up to vermont this weekend 2 vermonster fest ill see how mileage is :drink

·
Registered
790 Posts
drove to new york on economy mode at 65 with 35" toyo mts and got 11-12... that sucked

·
Registered
2006 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LBZ
2,192 Posts
I got the best on 110hp at 23mpg. 90hp shifts better....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts