Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recenlty purchased an 01 Duramax 2500HD Silverado. I also purchased a Quadzilla stealth 2 programer from a member here on this board.

I got the quadzilla today and read the instructions. You have to pull certain fuses to install the programer. The directions are as clear as MUD!

For the 2001 6.6 Duramax, you must pull the RDO 1 fuse, RAP 2 fuse, adn the SEO IGN fuse.

Now, the directions say that the 2001-02 is an interior fuse removal. I've no idea where the interior fuses are located? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have looked under the passenger and driver side and found nothing yet. I pulled the passengers side cover off and found nothing that looks like it holds any fuses. The drivers side had something that looked promising, but it was a box with wires running to it, no fuses???? HELP please:D And yes, I have searched...and searched on a few other sites in addition to this one;)

Under the hood, I have found an electrical center and found the RAP 2 fuse, that's it. I did see two SEO 1 & SEO 2 fuses and an RDO AMP fuse, but that is not what Quadzilla said to remove.

has anyone here put a Quadzilla on their 2001-02 Duramax?

Can anyone help me find my interior fuse box, please. I did find the fuse box under the hood and the only fuse I found was the RAP 2 Fuse...

Thank You.:help

·
Registered
440 Posts
You dont need to pull any fuses, just turn everything off radio,ac, etc. and dont open the doors

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The directions say to pull RDO1, RAP 2, and SEO IGN and failing to do so can cause damage to the ECU.

This is what the instruction manual states;

If the required fuses are not pulled you could suffer ECM damage.
* Note: If you have an aftermarket radio installed you must pull the radio fuse too.
* Note: This step does not apply to the 06-10 Duramax engines.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The directions say to pull the fuses, but its not necessary. Just turn everything off and youll be fine. I do it all the time in my lb7

·
Registered
45 Posts
to answer your question the fuse panel is on the side of the dash. you will see it when you open your drivers side door. pull off the cover and there ya go.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for the help.

Quadzilla stealth 2 is installed. I could not beleive how much power the 135 setting produced. Love the power, but I got my chip primarily for econo-mode as I drive an hour each way to work. My MPG must be pretty good. I used 1/4 tank swapping between all the different modes and I was not easy on the throttle and I still got 18 mpg. I'm curious to see what I'll get freeway driving with the economy mode.

Thanks everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts