Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

561 - 570 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
Figured the rear gold needed to be covered also.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
violin:
rip:

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #565 (Edited)
Doing some research, I specd a new 5500 regular cab 2wd LT. 243" wheel base,. 8000 pound front end, 15,000 rear air ride, 19,500 GVWR. $63,500. Then add a 36” sleeper and a 24 foot haul and tow bed,. I'm looking at over $80,000.

And I still have to add dual saddle tanks.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,070 Posts
Sounds like a new quest has begun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Chevor, any idea on the difference in fuel mileage between towing 1 trailer, and towing 1 and hauling 1 trailer?

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Don’t think it would matter if he’s killing two birds with one stone (getting paid to haul two in a single trip).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
I'm thinking Freightliner over Chevy on this. Just cause the truck can be built more to what I want than the way Chevy set their truck up.

As for fuel economy there really should not be much loss at all for the second trailer. Basically doubles are the smallest campers and the first camper breaks the wind for the second.

Also looking into this for the possibility of loading on another camper hauler with a pickup as a back haul.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
Decided to get some class A experience. Company I'm working for now only have a few of these old refers. I think the shiny sides look badass.

561 - 570 of 570 Posts