Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many of y'all have a crew cab long bed truck. If you could also say whether or not you like it. Post pics if you want to. Thanks

·
Love My L5P
511 Posts
Love It!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does any one know why there are not many Chevys that are long bed. I always see a million fords that are long bed.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I personally like the looks of the short bed better UNLESS you have a 6+ lifted long bed then it seems to look right in my opinion. Otherwise I feel like the short bed looks more balanced, and the stock ride height long beds seem to stretched out and looks goofy. Again just my opinion.

Wife & I bought a short bed, and I love it! Easy to maneuver, park, etc. But there has been a couple times I wish I had the extra bed space, and I definitely wish I had a larger gas tank...26gal is bullshit for a truck this size! Good thing I plan on getting a Titan down the road when we get a trailer to pull.

BTW when I say short bed I'm referring to 6' in the 2500/3500 models, not the super short beds you see available in the 1500's. Those just seem useless to me.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Had mine a couple of weeks now! Loving every minute of it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I went from a long bed to a regular bed. My truck is my daily driver that sees mostly city driving so the regular bed makes life a lot easier. I love the space in the long be and if it was a work/weekend truck i would have got one.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had a long bed dodge but really like my short bed, if you need more space then that. That what thats what the make trailers for

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I have a long bed the only downsides are parking and making u-turns, other than that I love it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Long bed is the only way for me.
Seems every 8-10 years I buy a short bed thinking I don't really need the long bed.
Then a few months later I wounder what I was thinking.
Long beds ride better, handle better and are for sure more stable when towing.
I live in the country so I don't do a lot of parking lots and shopping malls. Once you learn how to handle a long bed though, parking lots and U turns are not an issue.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I love mine, wouldn't have it any other way. My wife doesn't like parking it, but she rarely drives it. I live in the country and don't have any problem parking when I go into town.

I almost bought a shortbox because the CCLB are hard to find, and around here people want a premium price for one. But I found mine at a good price down in Nebraska so I went down there to get it.

My wife packs so much junk when we go on trips, and we have 4 dogs that travel with us, so it was the only way to fit everything. Now that we have the 5th wheel trailer it is just nice to not have to worry about hitting the cab, or buying an expensive slider.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I wouldn't own anything but a long bed. I love mine but, like it was metioned earlier parking and U-turns can be a pain.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
hey WATERPLAY whats that rig on the trailer looks wicked!!!!!!!!!
Thanks man! Don't want to hijack this thread, but its just my weekend toy... Full tube chassis, 5.3 with a built TH350, 3 speed Mini Stak, coilovers etc etc.

:drink

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
is it some thing you built or bought ???
Definitely bought.... I don't have the kind of skills to build that. It was built by a fabricator in TN and the PO traded it with another buggy builder in CO, which is where I bought it from.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts