Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the truck i'm getting tomorrow has 12 different settings on the switch but they all feel about the same power so i'm not sure if all of them have tunes some smoke alot some a little and some none what do you guys think 12 tunes on here or 5 and the other 7 are worthless. should i keep it on there or not. My next question is this thing has a labonte stage 3 water meth kit hooked up to the wiper fluid tank does anybody have one of these whats your thoughts?

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
they took the back washer thing out that keeps it from only clicking 5 times...
after the 5th time it will just be the base tune which would be the number 1 tune

·
Registered
926 Posts
^^X2 missing the little washer with the little tang, or maybe it's just clocked wrong.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
What Kman said its a 12 position switch no tunes after the 5

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks guys that saves me a little cash

·
Registered
926 Posts
The other 7 positions will be the same as the 1st, or base , non DSP tune, If you ripped the switch out, the truck would still use that tune.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i just gotta take the nut off the front put a washer behind it and it will be fine?

·
Registered
926 Posts
The washer is just a stop, it has a tang that goes into a certain hole, to limit the switch to a certain amount of positions.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Remove the washer (if it is still in), turn the switch fully counter clockwise, place the washer tab back in hole#5 and make sure the switch moves 4 clicks which equals 5 tunes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts