Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got my EFI Live, and while Im waiting for my tunes to ne built I thought Id go out and try to get to know the V2 and the software a little this afternoon.

Ive had this loud squeal at about 10psi boost and a friend suggested the turbo vanes may be stuck open so I decided to check that with the Scan Tool.

At idle they were hovering in the 88% range and it seemed to climb slightly if I gave it a little throttle and then drop down to around 60% as the engine settled back to idle then back to around 88% at idle again.

Is this normal? Is the reading the percentage that the vanes are closed or open?

Sorry if this is a rookie question.

PS. I have a logged file where I did this if anyone here cares to disect it for me .

thanks JB

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ok so I got my EFI Live, and while Im waiting for my tunes to ne built I thought Id go out and try to get to know the V2 and the software a little this afternoon.

Ive had this loud squeal at about 10psi boost and a friend suggested the turbo vanes may be stuck open so I decided to check that with the Scan Tool.

At idle they were hovering in the 88% range and it seemed to climb slightly if I gave it a little throttle and then drop down to around 60% as the engine settled back to idle then back to around 88% at idle again.

Is this normal? Is the reading the percentage that the vanes are closed or open?

Sorry if this is a rookie question.

PS. I have a logged file where I did this if anyone here cares to disect it for me .

thanks JB

Yeah thats normal, most people set the vane position to 40 or lower in the 600-800rpm range to get rid of the hiss at idle and make it sound like an LB7. And that percentage is how much they are closed, 88 percent closed at idle is what you are seeing. As it revs up it should open to allow more airflow leading to the 60 and 50 percent target vane position values .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts