Philisophe I found your thread interesting, just curious if you could elaborate more on why you mix the 1 quart 5-30 with the 6 quart 0-20. Do you think the viscosity for 0-20 is just too thin for a diesel? Not sure why GM designed this motor to run on that, but would love to hear your take. I think a lot of the LM2 issues have to do with the quality of diesel fuel, the manual recommend top-teir diesel, but I can't find the logo for diesel anywhere, just gas. I guess diesel engines operate more efficiently with a cetane rating of 48 to 50, I talked with Shell thinking their ultra low sulfate would be better than most and theirs is only a 40 cetane rating. I run the Amsoil diesel fuel additives as well to help boost those ratings.I use Amsoil FROM day 1 The specs meet GM's Dexos D Requirements...0W-20 (DP020): GM dexosD
6 Quarts Synthetic Diesel Oil SAE 0W-20/1 Quart of 5/30 Amsoil Synthetic Diesel
• Outstanding protection for smaller American diesel pickups, vans, cars and SUVs
• Delivers up to 6X more wear protection than required by a leading industry standard
• Retains viscosity for added engine protection and increased fuel economy
• Excels in hot and cold temperature extremes
• Minimizes oil consumption
I purchase the AC Delco Filter/keep receipt for warranty purposes.
.I also run the Amsoil Diesel All-In-One
• One ounce treats up to 2.5 gallons of fuel
• Combines the benefits of AMSOIL Diesel Injector Clean, Diesel Cold Flow and Diesel Cetane Boost in one convenient package
• Delivers outstanding detergency, improved lubricity, better cold flow and higher cetane
• Provides excellent all-season protection and performance
• Provides significant lubricity improvement in diesel fuels found across the U.S., delivering improved wear protection.1
• Provides as much as 32˚F (18°C) better protection against cold temperature gelling than Howes* Lubricator Diesel Treat2
I purchase 64 Ounce Container/
Change Oil Filter 4/5000 Miles Myself.. In the end the costs are a nonissue..
Also I add 1 Quart of 5/30 Amsoil Synthetic Diesel to 6 Quarts 0-20..I think the 0-20 is an issue.
.My engine runs quieter/my transmission shifts smoother/less strain