Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S8 plus that's going on three years old. It's been a very tough and reliable phone (with help from an otterbox since day 1), but has suffered several drops and it has finally happened...the screen quit on me. Used it to send a message and all was fine. Picked it up a few minutes later and I could see the very top and bottom of the screen but not 80% in between. I'm pretty sure the phone is working correctly I just can't see enough of the screen to make anything happen.

I don't want to buy a new phone but if I have to then fine. My concern is several years of pictures, videos and general data that I could potentially lose. What are my options and who should I seek for help? I don't want to visit my carrier's store and take a chance on someone not knowing what they're doing losing all my info.

I do have a S3 tablet and the two are obviously very closely related and use the same operating system. Hopefully this will give me some kind of avenue to getting things backed up or switched over. Thanks for any help.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
Pull the micro SD card and use a reader to xfer to a PC. Or just USB cable the data out.

Registered
i run Samsung, you can transfer to new phones seemless using the Samsung Smart switch, wireless transfer or wired.

had s5, s6+ s8+ and now the s10+

no lost files

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the help. The fact that the screen wasn't working correctly made it pretty difficult. Doesn't have an external card. Thankfully they were able to replace the display without having to do a reset or damage any files. Learned my lesson...back your stuff up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts