Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my predator for a few months now on the 120hp tune. Im getting ready do go on vacation (600 miles one way) and was wondering which tune gets the best mileage for you guys? On the 120hp tune im getting right at 19mpg in town.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I get about the same in the 90hp tune...i think it more depends on how heavy your foot is.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a lot of customers who use the extreme tune for their best mileage, but as mentioned, driving style is the biggest contributing factor.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just left it on the 120hp tune and averaged 19.7mpg cruising at 75mph. That was completely loaded up on 20'' wheels with 275/55/20 tires so I was pretty happy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I left mine on 120hp going to Panama City from East TN and rolled into PCB on one tank! Averaged a little over 23mpg, but I did keep about 60mph.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same thing but only have it set on the 40hp setting and my milage is not that great. What else have you done to your pickup? I have a 4 inch magna flow exhuast and no gauges, which made me a little worried to tune it any higher. I still have the factory air intake because i drive alot of dusty roads. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the same thing but only have it set on the 40hp setting and my milage is not that great. What else have you done to your pickup? I have a 4 inch magna flow exhuast and no gauges, which made me a little worried to tune it any higher. I still have the factory air intake because i drive alot of dusty roads. Any input would be great.
I made swiss cheese of the airbox, PPE boost valve, straight piped the factory exhaust, keep the tires at 75psi, plenty of diesel kleen in each tank and a feather-weight right foot:)
I just wanted to see what I could really milk out of it on the way to PCB. I normally get around 19mpg

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
mpg? no one keeps track of those :) on 65 tune i got 21.7 going 70 now truck is stock programming like the way it drives and well its a 7000 pound truck lol not worried about mileage anymore

·
Registered
568 Posts
I ran the 120 with no gauges all time got 23 with it normally unless i decided to play.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts