Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 lml. At idle. What is your Fpsi (rail fuel pressure) reading on your edge insight?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mine sits right at 4.4/4.5. I hear people saying it should be 10-12, but guessing that's right at the pump. Not the insight?

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
10 to 12 psi up to the injection pump.. What your looking at is AFTER the injection pump.. And that's a normal pressure, they all idle at that..
And that 4.4 is Kpsi by the way

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great. Thx

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a pressure sensor for that that has an eas hookup for the insight? If not, what are you guys using?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Going straight off the insight obdII connection here. At idle I also show 4.5k on my '15

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Here is what I use to watch my lift pump pressure, top gauge on the pillar.. Some guys just screw a manual gauge right into the lift pump housing or even into top of factory fuel filter housing.. A few options out there...

Attachments

Reactions: Jaron

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine sits right at 4.4/4.5. I hear people saying it should be 10-12, but guessing that's right at the pump. Not the insight?

That's correct 4.4/4.5 warmed up (188*F) and 10 to 12 pounds feeding your cp4

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
May have found my issue. My fass was gurgling a little. Over the winter, I cracked the bottom of both filters a few times to check for water. Thinking they would refill and push whatever air back into the fill tube. NOPE. I let the fass run and I cracked the filter until fuel started coming out. Fass is smoother and I didn't notice any shudder on my last hard acceleration run.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like edge has right what I'm looking for and plugs right into the expandable ports for my edge insight cts. Plug and play. No cutting or splicing anything. No other gauges needed.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Ok thought they might.. Care to post a link or what it's called?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just ordered them. Should be here in a few days. The sensor mounts right on top of the FASS unit. I'm hearing it should be around 10-12 psi at idle. Where should it be under a heavy load?? Really looking to see if the factory draw straw is my culprit. After install, I will be able to see if I need a beans sump or if the factory straw will suffice.

·
GMC..Professional Grade
3,962 Posts
Under a heavy load, anything above 0 psi should be good. If it drops to 0, while it's acting up, then you know it's probably a supply/volume issue.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I already have the egt probe. Had that installed with my insight. Basically the same thing I ordered. Should be an easy install. I just went out and bought some yellow Teflon tape an some wire loom. I'm all set!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Under really heavy acceleration, what is your insight showing as FPSI? I will get up to 29-30 and just as I feel the shudder it will drop to 23-24. Once I get the gauge on the fass, I will see if it is dropping pressure.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Received 1/2 my edge kit today. Just waiting on the sensor to install into the fass unit. Super easy so far! I piggy backed off my eas system, ran the wires down to the fass, and hooked my insight up to the computer and created a fass psi PID. Took all of 15 minutes.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So far so good. Edge eas gauge installed and running fluctuates between 8.5 and 10 at idle. Called fass since I thought it was supposed to be between 10-12 and they say they set them to run between 8-10 psi. Next step is to see what pressure goes to at WOT and see if I need a sump.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well.....under heavy load, pump stays right between 8-10. Definitely not my issue.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.