Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Marv - It looks like I have the same locking cap as you, they are vented so you don't need to vent your aux tank. I am running a small fuel pump (has a small filter), then pass through a golden rod water blocker filter (probably not required but thought I didn't want to worry about water) then a 12v NC solenoid and into the tank via the fill line using the same kit in your Northern tool link. Here are a few pics, I don't seem to have one that shows the solenoid but its right downstream of the filter. I have been waiting until the truck's tank is about 1/2 full then turn on the pump and let it fill till the gauge reads ~3/4 full. When I shut the pump down it normally settles out at about 7/8 full. I have not had any issues throwing codes. My understanding is that it will throw a code if you don't let the tank level drop some which is why I don't switch it on until 1/2 empty and all is good....
How do you have that goldenrod filter mounted ? I see a notch cut on angle iron for reducer fittings to ,well fit in the notch.lol

I used that filter to bench clean my new to me aux tank.Draws from aux tank top and filled the bowl full.When I mounted filter in front of truck tank the bowl doesn’t fill but 3 inch over the filter.
Only 1/4 inch up filter with filter before pump.So routed pump to filter only filling bowl 3 inch over bottom of filter.
Does the filter need primed due to the distance maybe? If so how?
Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
How do you have that goldenrod filter mounted ? I see a notch cut on angle iron for reducer fittings to ,well fit in the notch.lol

I welded a 1/2” black pipe with NPT threads on to the chunk of angle iron so I could mount it under the box and thread the filter in. I am gravity feeding so no need to prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 42 of 42 Posts